Need some tasty winter drink ideas? Look no further.
by Malorie Enneguess
1. SNOWFLAKE MARTINI
- 3 oz. white chocolate liqueur
- 2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. ice
- 1 lemon wedge, for rim
- 1/3 c. white sanding sugar, for rim
- Use a lemon wedge, wet the rim of your martini glass. Dip in sanding sugar until rim is coated.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine white chocolate liqueur with vanilla vodka and heavy cream.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain mixture into prepared glass and serve.
2. DIRTY SNOWMAN
- 1/4 c. Melted chocolate, for rim
- 1/2 c. chocolate shavings
- 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 c. hot chocolate
- 1/2 c. Baileys
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Pour melted chocolate and chocolate shavings into separate shallow dishes. Dip the rims of two mugs in melted chocolate then immediately dip in chocolate shavings.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, add a few scoops of ice cream into each mug. Pour hot chocolate and Baileys on top.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with any extra chocolate shavings.
3. GINGERBREAD EGGNOG WHITE RUSSIAN
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon for rimming glasses
- 2 tsp. sugar for rimming glasses
- 4 oz. eggnog
- 4 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. Kahlua
- 3 tsp. molasses
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- Whipped cream for topping
- Molasses drizzle for topping
1. Mix cinnamon and sugar, then pour onto a plate. Wet rims of each glass and dip them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour eggnog, vodka, Kahlua, molasses, and ginger. Shake to combine.
3. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, then add a light drizzle of molasses.
4. POMEGRANATE MIMOSAS
- 1 c. sweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle champagne
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
1. In champagne flutes, fill with 1/4 cup sweetened pomegranate juice and top off with champagne.
2. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
5. SALTED CARAMEL EGGNOG
- 1/4 c. caramel sauce, warmed
- 4 oz. eggnog
- 1 oz. spiced rum
- kosher salt
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Toffee bits, for garnish
- Pinch ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Coat inside of a mug with warm caramel sauce.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat eggnog until warm. Add eggnog, spiced rum, and pinch of salt to mug and stir gently.
3. Top with whipped cream, toffee bits, a pinch of nutmeg, and flaky sea salt. Serve.
6. CANDY CANE-KAHLUA CHOCOLATE
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 candy cane
3 tbsp. sipping chocolate
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz. Kahlua
1. In a saucepan over low heat, warm whole milk and heavy cream.
2. Add 1 candy cane and stir until melted.
3. Stir in sipping chocolate and vanilla extract.
4. Remove from heat, stir in Kahlua, and pour into glass.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes.
7. CROCK-POT BUTTERBEER RUM
- 6 c. water
- 2 (12 oz.) cans cream soda
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. butterscotch syrup, divided
- 3 cinnamon sticks1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. spiced rum
- whipped cream, for serving
- gold sanding sugar, for serving
1. In Crock-Pot, combine water, cream soda, sugar, butter, 1/4 cup butterscotch, cinnamon sticks, vanilla and salt. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, until warm and butter is melted. Remove lid and stir in rum.
2. Pour remaining butterscotch syrup onto a shallow plate. Dip rims of mugs in syrup before filling with butter beer. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with sanding sugar, and serve.
8. MOSCATO MULES
- 1/2 c. moscato
- 1/3 c. ginger beer
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 slice lime, for garnish
1. Fill glass with ice. Add moscato, ginger beer, vodka, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Garnish with lime and serve.
9. PEAR MIMOSAS
- 3/4 c. pear nectar
- 1 bottle champagne
- Pear slices, for garnish
1. In champagne flutes, add pear nectar and top off with champagne.
2. Garnish with pear slices.